Thursday, August 19, 2010

A New Beginning

Hello, everyone. My name is Alex, and I would like to welcome you to my blog. For my first entry, I would like to let you get to know me and my background a little bit better.


I am seventeen years old, I am a lifetime resident of North Carolina. I am an avid martial artist, I currently take six classes per week. I study:
  • Shotokan Karate(first degree brown belt)
  • Ving Tsun Gung Fu(white sash)
  • and Youn Wha Ryu(first degree blue belt).
I have studied several other styles in the past, including:
  • Judo(white belt)
  • Tsunami Ryu[an eclectic style, encompassing Judo, Jujitsu, Aikido, Aikijutsu, Bojutsu, Iaijutsu, Karate, Gung Fu, and several other styles](Junior Black Belt, Trainee Instructor)
  • Tae Kwon Do(purple belt)
  • and Tang Soo Do(purple belt)

My goal for the future is to teach, and own my own school, where all styles and forms of martial arts are accepted.

Aside from martial arts, I am a musician, a visual artist, and a writer. I play guitar, aswell as sing and write music; I take photographs and draw and I also write short stories and poems. If you have a request for a piece, just let me know and I should be more than happy to oblige.

If you have anything else that you want to know about me, just ask! I am a very friendly person, and would be more than thrilled to answer any questions you may have about myself, martial arts, or anything else I may know the answer to.

Until next time, thanks for reading my blog, have a blessed day.

1 comment:

  1. I like your articles. Another good topic might be some of the similarities and differences you've encountered between some of the different styles. - Assistant Sifu

    ReplyDelete